RE: Windows N/T Upgrade

From: Tim Caffrey (tcaffrey@proex.com)
Date: Thu Mar 27 1997 - 18:47:38 EET

The nicest thing about NT buildstation software is that it computes vector speeds accurately, something DOS software has never done. Another new feature is the ability to make multiple copies, then drag and drop position them, and even suppress some of those copies during the build if you want to.

On the other hand, the software is buggy. When you get it installed, make sure your FE turns the "remote broadcasting" to the network feature OFF. Otherwise, it bleeds memory and causes an NT system failure during a build. There are other annoying bugs--I'll spare you the details--but they are not show stoppers.

You might consider a RAM upgrade to 32 MB or higher on your Pentium. And don't do any multi-tasking while a build is running. The WinSLA software seems temperamental enough that we quit all other applications while building.

Tim Caffrey
Rapid Prototyping Manager
Plynetics Express, Inc.
(847) 925-9900