Re: STL-IGES

From: Steve_Farentinos (sfarenti@scf.usc.edu)
Date: Wed Mar 19 1997 - 08:17:45 EET

Jon.Kish@smtpgate.MSAnet.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm working on a project for some students at PITT university and they need to
> convert an stl file into iges. Any help for them would be appreciated.

Jon,

We wrote LISP program that will read an ASCII STL file into AutoCAD. It
creates wireframe geometry which can be output to IGES by AutoCAD. If
this is of any use, I'll email it to you.

Keep in mind that there's a huge difference, in terms of required memory
and computing power, between converting each facet of an STL file to
wireframe and converting it to a surface.

Steve

--
Steve Farentinos
PML, Inc.