Re: Converting point cloud data to UG

From: Steve_Farentinos (sfarenti@scf.usc.edu)
Date: Tue Mar 11 1997 - 08:15:17 EET

dickman@cinti.net wrote:

> RP'ers,
>
> I am trying to convert an .ibl file (scanned data) into UG v.11 with little
> success. The .ibl file is a plain text file containing roughly 44,000 x,y,z
> coords. Has anyone on the list every converted an .ibl file into UG? .ibl to
> IGES? Any suggestions, comments?

There are many CAD programs that will read your text file and create
44,000 point entities. If this is what you want, and UG won't work,
email me the file and I'll send back an IGES file. If you're looking
for a surface created through the points, it's another issue.

Steve

--
Steve Farentinos
PML, Inc.