Industries and Applications

From: Terry T. Wohlers (twohlers@compuserve.com)
Date: Fri Feb 28 1997 - 05:40:52 EET

This e-mail is directed at RP service organizations. Your response to the
following 2 items will supplement a survey I am conducting. It's short, so
it shouldn't take long. Please return your responses to me privately by
March 4. They will be kept confidential. I promise to publish composite
totals only. I will make the results available at the upcoming RPA/SME
RP&M '97 conference in Dearborn. After the conference, I will post the
results on the rp-ml. Thanks, in advance, for your support.

Terry Wohlers
Wohlers Associates, Inc.
twohlers@compuserve.com

INDUSTRIES BEING SERVED. Please group your customers into the following
categories by providing a percentage estimate for each. Please do not
create new categories.

(a) motor vehicles:
(b) aerospace:
(c) business machines:
(d) consumer products:
(e) medical:
(f) academic institutions:
(g) government/military:
(h) other:

APPLICATIONS. How do your customers use RP models? Provide a percentage
estimate for each of the following categories. Organizations use RP models
for many purposes, so the percentages will likely add up to more than 100
percent.

(a) visual design aids for engineering:
(b) visual design aids for toolmakers:
(c) functional models:
(d) fit and assembly:
(e) ergonomic studies:
(f) requesting quotes:
(g) presenting proposals:
(h) patterns for prototype tooling:
(i) patterns for metal castings:
(j) cores and cavities (created directly on the RP machine):
(k) other: