Dick Aubin

From: Elaine Persall (persall@ces.clemson.edu)
Date: Fri Feb 21 1997 - 14:50:52 EET

Marc R. Sauerhoefer wrote......
> Please help distribute this very sad news.

>Monday we were saddened to hear that Dick Aubin died of a heart
>attack while jogging on Sunday afternoon.
> Dick had a history of heart problems and jogged to build himself
>up against that very possiblity.
>

>For those of you who did not know Dick, he had been a member of the
>CIM Technology group here at P&W during the late-80's and early 90's;
>from 1987 to 1993 he was responsible for the early development and
>deployment of Stereolithography and Rapid Prototyping at P&W
>Manufacturing. In 1993 he left P&W to expand his role in the RP field
>at the UT Research Center where he managed their Solid Freeform
>Fabrication efforts. While at UTRC he continued to support P&W's
>RP Group with our NCMS Program and UTC Division support. He was viewed
>as a pioneer in the RP field and became a strong advocate and stimulus
>for continued development of this technology in the national and
>international scene.
>
>Those of us who did know him personally, we highly valued his technical
>contribution and committment, his mentoring and coaching, his dedication
>to family and his great sense of humor - we will miss our dear colleague
>and friend!

>*********
>Funeral Arrangements for Dick Aubin
>
>Visitation will be Thursday (2/20) at Funks Funeral Home,
>35 Bellevue Ave, Bristol (860-583-4107), 2:00-4:00pm and 7:00-9:00pm.
>Funeral -- Friday (2/21):
>9:00am Gather at Funks Funeral Home for funeral procession to St.
> Matthews Church
>
>10:00am Mass at St. Matthews Church, 120 Church Street, Forestville
>After the funeral, lunch at Sebastians (140 N. Street) in Bristol.
>All are welcome.
>In lieu of flowers, the family has requested donations to the
>American Heart Association.
>
>Directions from UTRC to funeral home:
>
>84W, exit 38 (Bristol exit) onto Rte. 6
>
>Go past Bristol plaza; past Caldor's plaza; then past Mobil Station
>(on left), over RR tracks;
>
>left at traffic light onto Maple Street;
>
>go up the hill; stay to the right at fork in the road;
>
>go past white church at the top of hill; and through another light;
>
>Maple Street becomes Bellevue Avenue;
>
>Funks Funeral Home is less than a block further (on right).
>Directions from UTRC to St. Matthews Church:
>84W, exit 38 (Bristol exit) onto Rte. 6
>(10-15 minute drive) go pass Stephens Auto Mall Center (on right);
>turn left onto Stafford Avenue; at the end of the avenue is a stop
>light (package store on corner);
>turn left and immediately right past the church and into parking lot.

Opinions, suggestions, and other controversial matter VOID where prohibited.
Elaine (Persall) Hunt, Director
Clemson University Laboratory to Advance Industrial Prototyping
206 Fluor Daniel Bldg. Clemson, SC 29643-0925
864-656-0321 (voice) 864-656-4435 (fax)
persall@ces.clemson.edu
http://design.eng.clemson.edu/rp/persall/elaine.html