3D Printing

From: Todd King (todd.king@telops.gte.com)
Date: Mon Feb 10 1997 - 21:47:29 EET

Hello,

I have just recently become familiar with SLA technology and have tried to
learn more about it. I have been a member of this mail group for about a
week and have found it very informative. Just today I was speaking to an
engineer in the automotive industry and he mentioned a technology called
3D printing. He stated that this technology is cheaper/faster than SLA
and can withstand production temperatures. The downside is that the
polimers are less flexible. Can anyone tell me more about this
technology? Are more industries moving toward the 3D printing and away
from SLA?

Todd