Remote Alarm for SLA-250

From: amessin@ssd.bna.boeing.com
Date: Wed Feb 05 1997 - 23:57:39 EET

     Has anyone ever attempted to install a system or device that monitors
     the operation of an SLA-250 so, in case of a crash or build
     completion, a page is sent to a phone line or a pager? Last weekend I
     experienced two crashes due to a memory address occupied by other
     system drivers.
     One crash was early Saturday morning; the other was Sunday afternoon.
     A lot of build time was wasted because people were not around to check
     on the progress. I removed the culprits and thus far it is OK...
     but it would sure be nice to have a paging system attached to the SLA.

     Can anyone help? Certain NC machine tools have it so it exists
     somewhere
     Thanks
     Andy Messina