Re: CATIA .STL generator

From: Michael Tsenter (nest@primenet.com)
Date: Thu Jan 23 1997 - 17:55:20 EET

amessin@ssd.bna.boeing.com wrote:

> Does anyone know of a .STL generator that works with CATIA 4.1.6?
> We upgraded from 3.2.3 and I can no longer generate .stl files from my
> models. Anything would help.
> Andy Messina
> Boeing North American Inc.
> (former Rockwell Space Systems Div.)

Dear Andy:

Another option would be for you to use an IGES to STL translator.

Our Rapid Tools software, specifically Rapid Editor & Rapid Facetor
modules are often used in conjuction with CATIA to produce quality STL
files. These modules allow you to control resolution of your STL files,
correct problems such as gaps, missing, multiple, or self-intersecting
surfaces. You can even recompute trim curves, if necessary.

We have many customers who use Rapid Tools alongside their CATIA
system. Some of the well known names are: BMW, Saab-Scania, Electrolux,
and many others.

Let us know if you would like to evaluate our product.

Sincerely,
Michael Tsenter

--
DESKARTES - North America