RE: Business

From: Ian Gibson (igibson@hkucc.hku.hk)
Date: Thu Jan 23 1997 - 06:25:14 EET

There seems to be a lot of bickering going on here. As I see it:-

- someone sent a message asking for help over rp-ml
- someone else volunteered to help

If it happens again, maybe noone will volunteer and the only way to continue
will be to pay. So be it.

It is not the first time a request for free advice/help/samples has been
made. Nor is it the first time such a request has been answered in the
positive. In each case, someone has missed out on a possible opportunity to
make money.

Sometimes it makes good business sense to give something away now and then.

Although I think Lynda, Jim and Steve are doing this for more noble reasons.
They are helping their friends.

Dr Ian Gibson
Dept. Mechanical Engg.
University of Hong Kong
Hong Kong

email: igibson@hkucc.hku.hk
www: http://hkumea.hku.hk/acad_igibson.html
tel: +852 2859 7901
fax: +852 2858 5415

Dilbert's Law of Work - If you can't get your work done in the first 24
hours, work nights.