Internet conference

From: Ian Gibson (igibson@hkucc.hku.hk)
Date: Fri Jan 17 1997 - 10:39:16 EET

Amazing! 12 months after it started, I note that the internet conference on
rapid product development is still active. Whats more, someone actually
asked a new question as recently as December last year. So if you want to
visit and read/download the papers, set your browser to

http://www.mcb.co.uk/services/conferen/dec95/rapidpd/rapidpd.htm

in particular, there is a paper by Brock Hinzmann that never got enough air
time.

Anyway, the reason for my posting is to ask a couple of questions:-

- shall we try another conference? The www has matured significantly since
the last one and a lot of lessons were learnt in terms of trying to overcome
the lack of discussion. So a new conference would look quite a bit different
with more contributers, shorter papers covering a wider range of issues.

- the guy who posted the question in the conference recently must have
accidently wandered in because he knew virtually nothing about rp. However
he was interested enough to ask a few questions that were of the Frequently
Asked Question variety. This prompts the question - is there a FAQ somewhere
out there? I know there are plenty of home pages that contain nearly all the
info to place in a FAQ. But is there such an animal in existence that
presents the info in the form of questions/answers?

Regards

IG

Dr Ian Gibson
Dept. Mechanical Engg.
University of Hong Kong
Hong Kong

email: igibson@hkucc.hku.hk
www: http://hkumea.hku.hk/acad_igibson.html
tel: +852 2859 7901
fax: +852 2858 5415

Dilbert's Law of Work - If you can't get your work done in the first 24
hours, work nights.