(Fwd) Re: net work chatter

From: Robert Gologranc (Pexpress.Staff.vet.eng.rmit@Etc.et.rmit.edu.au)
Date: Mon Jan 13 1997 - 01:56:53 EET

From: Self <Pexpress.Staff.vet.eng.rmit>
To: persall@ces.clemson.edu (Elaine Persall)
Subject: Re: net work chatter
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 1997 09:53:46 +1000

Elaine,
We have had trouble with our SLA250 using PC-NFS. Our problems related
to system messages transmitted through the network from the server.
Our SLA250 would stall when such an event occurred.

To overcome this problem, I simply used a multi boot config.sys and
autoexec.bat isolating the network drivers when the machine was
running. Now I sleep better at nights.

Robert Gologranc

> Do any of you have a net work chatter problem running your SLA machines
> with PC- NFS? Our new SLA ties up our university net work with constant
> chatter across our subsystems. Neither NFS or our network group has solved
> the problems except by physically pulling the plug. Any help is
> appreciated........
>
> Elaine

> Opinions, suggestions, and other controversial matter VOID where prohibited.
> Elaine (Persall) Hunt, Director
> Clemson University Laboratory to Advance Industrial Prototyping
> 206 Fluor Daniel Bldg. Clemson, SC 29643-0925
> 864-656-0321 (voice) 864-656-4435 (fax)
> persall@ces.clemson.edu
> http://design.eng.clemson.edu/rp/persall/elaine.html

Robert Gologranc | Tel: 61 3 9660 4485