Maestro 1.8 problems...

From: Stahlhut, Todd A. (stahlht@po2.nawc-ad-indy.navy.mil)
Date: Tue Dec 31 1996 - 13:17:00 EET

We have been building with Maestro 1.8 and Zephyr for quite some time now
(since its release and before due to a beta program) and have had few if any
problems. The only thing I have seen happen - just happened. We have made
slightly larger platforms (in the X) which would allow us to build parts to
about
10.5 to 11.00 inches in width. With the doctor blade - these would
generally build
even though the blade wouldn't sweep the walls at the extremes.
 Unfortunately,
the same is not true with the Zephyr (note that I'm not complaining - we
were
doing something outside the envelope). If you also sometimes push the
envelope for size - please be aware of this. We are attempting a rebuild of
the
part in the same orientation - slowing down the Zephyr blade and deep
dipping. We really don't want to cut it into two pieces as there are many
fins that would then
need to be very carefully aligned during gluing. Overall we have been very
happy with Maestro 1.8 and have seen great improvement in Z accuracy.

Regards, Todd Stahlhut