Soft RP-pieces?

From: Rapid Dude (rp-adm@ltk.hut.fi)
Date: Mon Dec 23 1996 - 07:52:23 EET

Hello

First of all thanx to all of you who shared your information concerning
the Cubital method for investment castings.

This year is more or less done (at least what comes to me) and there isn't
left much to do. But before I close the shop, there's one more thing I'd
like to ask.

During the past few days there's been some discussion about elastomeric
SLA-pieces. I've got nothing to add to that, but it made me wonder wether
there is any way to produce soft (rubberlike) pieces directly in any
RP-process, i.e. without RTV or any other kind of secondary tooling. I'm
not talking about hard, flexible materials, but a soft material that
could imitate rubber. A colleague of mine told there was someone
introducing something like that in Autofact this year. Does anybody have
more precise information on that.

Thanx again and

        A Merry Christmast to all of you!

Yours