new product, is this our first serving of spam?

From: Ian Gibson (igibson@hkucc.hku.hk)
Date: Tue Dec 17 1996 - 03:27:11 EET

I'm sorry folks but even if I am the only one who takes exception to these
postings - I still feel I have to say something.

>NEW PRODUCT IN EUROPE
>

>If anyone has interest in benchmarking, trying applications (also
>Brits welcome!)

Its official then? Britain is no longer part of Europe.

axiom@vnet.net wrote:

> Is this product being marketed in Europe to avoid patent disputes with Helisys
> in the United States?

They may have written but it doesnt look like they used rp-ml. A private
question generally requires a private reply. Unless of course you want to
breach netiquette and tell everyone about their private thoughts. Are you
going to treat all your customers this way? Buyer beware!

 David Retallick wrote:

> do you remember how it was when you first learnt to swim or ride a
> bicycle? Suddenly you said, "where was the problem?"
> think about it..... David

So now you are writing messages to yourself and broadcasting them? What will
we see next, your shopping list?

>Hi Mark,
>the KIRA Solid center is a paper lamination machine using plain paper
>and a laser printer for
>selective adhesive distribution. The toner is a thermoplastic and is
>thus used for the
>bonding process. The sheets are cut with a cutter/plotter and there is
>therefore no smoke
>emission or other unpleasentness.... the machine can be installed in an
>office!!!
>Due to the selective adhesive application, the bonding only occurs where
>it is needed and the
>breakout process is relatively easy and the finishing costs are reduced
>to a minimum.
>I am responsible for Germany, Switzerland and Austria: for more info
>contact "Yuasa Warwick
>Machinery Co." in UK.

At last some useful information (although probably nothing that we dont know
already - this machine may be new to you but it has been on the market 18
months to my knowledge). Again however this was the response to a private
question from Mark which you then pasted to rp-ml. Did you ask his
permission? If I wanted to buy a Kira machine, I'm not sure if I would buy
it from you.

>A guy called Michelangelo once said..
>
>"there is a statue (was it a david?) in this block of stone, we only
>have to remove the excess material" (or something like that)
>After all these years we are now beginning to understand what he meant.
>
>Do YOU understand what I mean? David

I understand something - but am too polite to say it here.

Dr Ian Gibson
Dept. Mechanical Engg.
University of Hong Kong
Hong Kong

email: igibson@hkucc.hku.hk
www: http://hkumea.hku.hk/acad_igibson.html
tel: +852 2859 7901
fax: +852 2858 5415

Did you know that the wingspan of a jumbo jet is longer than the first
flight of the Wright brothers?