Re: Bridge tooling

From: Brian David Vanhiel (gt0193a@prism.gatech.edu)
Date: Thu Dec 12 1996 - 21:42:16 EET

Franck,

Here at the RPMI (Rapid Prototyping and Manufacturing Institute) at
Georgia Tech we have been creating ACES injection molds for about a year.
Depending upon the part geometry and the material we can get anywhere from
10 to 150+ shots. We have also looked into cast epoxy tooling which
allows us to create molds whcih have the capability to shoot large numbers
of shots for high processing temperature materials such as polycarbonate.

A much abridged copy of a paper written by meyself and a lab-mate on the
use of cast resin tooling can be found at my website:

http://rpmi.marc.gatech.edu/people/bvanhiel/brian_tooling.html

Brian David VanHiel
340193 Georgia Tech Station
e-mail: gt0193a@prism.gatech.edu