Re: Bridge tooling

From: Michael Wilson (art2part@unixg.ubc.ca)
Date: Thu Dec 12 1996 - 17:44:29 EET

At 03:34 PM 12/11/96 +0000, you wrote:

>Hi RPers,
>
>Did anyone try what 3D-Systems call "Bridge tooling" and "Direct ACES
>injection molding"? [making directly thermoplastic injection tool using
>photocurable resin]
>Was it successful?
>
>Do you know where I can find some papers related to this subject?
>
>Thanks for your help

> Franck LACAN , PhD student
> University of Wales Cardiff,UK

Hi Franck,

        My company had a joint rapid tooling venture with the National
Research Council of Canada to produce Polycarbonate parts in a SLA Mold.
We were the first in the world to do so and I presented a Paper on the
subject at the First Asia Pacific Rapid Product Development Conference
last year in Brisbane, Australia.

        The Society of Manufacturing Engineers reproduced parts of the
Paper in their Rapid Prototyping Report. Both the paper and article can
be viewed at our website listed below. I would be pleased to help you out
on any other information you require.

Best Regards,
Michael Wilson
Project Manager,
Polycarbonate Parts in "ACES build" mould
Aurora Search Inc. (Canada)
Email: art2part@unixg.ubc.ca
Web:http://www.interchg.ubc.ca/art2part
voice:604-644-1829