Re: CT to CAD

From: Steve Deak (ht-grp@cinti.net)
Date: Thu Dec 12 1996 - 18:00:33 EET

Jim Rollins wrote:

> I'm interested in information from the group as to what impact a certain
> product would mean to the community. We will be releasing a product
> that will give the user a comparison of CT scanning of a part to the CAD
> data that it was created from moments after the scanning is complete.
> This can be used in substitutions for "cut ups" or "layouts". This is
> where a casting is compared to the data. Let me know if you would.
>
> "WE SEE THE REAL INSIDE OF THINGS"

Jim:

I may not be interested in the automated comparison of inspection data to
CAD data, but I and many others would be interested in automated CAD
data from scanned data. I have alot of hand-sculpted objects which are
not defined in 3D CAD, but a CAD database from these would be useful in
creating RP and CNC tool paths for injection mold tooling.

YOU SEE RIGHT THROUGH THE ISSUES!!!!!

--
Steve Deak			E-mail: ht-grp@cinti.net
Manager-RP Services		Voice:	(513) 579-3270