Re[2]: Unsolved problems in RP

From: jim@paramountind.com
Date: Fri Dec 06 1996 - 00:36:29 EET

     Dear Mark... I received a second message from you and thought you may
     not have received this reply earlier.

     ********
     Presently I have no suggestions as to RP software deficiencies...

     We are just beginning to understand what type of RP tools are
     available and how to apply them...

     Being new at RP in house, we are producing RP models from stl and IGES
     files from customers. We've been purchasing RP models for 5 years and
     supplying stl and IGES without known problems. Using SDRC and ProE
     tools have afforded us the opportunity along with our model build
     knowledge to produce trouble free files.

     We are now receiving files with problems which require the use of
     repair tools. It seems that experienced and knowledgeable solid
     modelers have learned how to build good sound models.

     We are previewing Imageware RPM and Solid View RPM. Any other
     recommendations would be appreciated. Cost, quality and ease of use
     are factors. Any suggestions?

     Jim Williams, CEO
     Paramount Industries, Inc.
     *********