Re: Resin

From: Miyazawa Tatsuo (mpemt@nus.sg)
Date: Tue Nov 19 1996 - 11:48:52 EET

Thank you very much for your rapid responses.

This is Miyazawa from Sony.
I'm working in NUS for the Rapid Prototyping project.
My colleague, Son Wei Meng, sent an e-mail regarding to visible-light resin.

> I am curious as to why you believe people want to get away from UV
> resins. My understanding is that some Denken users have had trouble with
> their resin curing by ambient light.
>
> Best regards,
> Marshall Burns
> marshall@ennex.com

Now we are planning to develop the new machine which is compact in size
and is cheap. For this purpose one of the way is to avoid to use UV laser.
Even though the resin has the problem to be cured under ordinary light,
using visible laser to cure is very big advantage, we thought. So far, we
are just collecting information only.
Can it be an answer to your question ?

Best regards,
                                        Miaja

* Miyazawa Tatsuo *
* *
* Software Engineering Department *
* Manufacturing Systems Division *
* Sony Precision Engineering Center(Singapore)Pte Ltd *
* 52 Tuas Ave 9, SINGAPORE 639193 *
* Tel: (+65)8691331 Fax: (+65)8691304 *
* e-mail:miaja@sys.ptg.sony.co.jp *
* *
* CAE/CAD/CAM Centre *
* Department of Mechanical & Production Engineering *
* National University of Singapore *
* Kent Ridge Crescent, Singapore 0511 *
* Tel: (65)7723490 Fax: (65)7791459 *
* e-mail:mpemt@.nus.sg *