Re: Build Time Estimator

From: Steve Deak (ht-grp@cinti.net)
Date: Tue Oct 29 1996 - 17:41:04 EET

Joel Edward McClurkin wrote:

> I am a Graduate Research Assisstant at the Georgia Tech Rapid Prototyping
> Lab. Recently I completed a beta version of a build time estimator for
> use over the world wide web. It works very well in our lab for our SLA
> 250. Most of the time it is within 2-3% accurate. I am trying to get
> other people to use my estimator to see if it as accurate for other
> machines, and if not, how to correct these discrepencies. This program
> requires that the .STL file be sliced first as it takes the .v and .r
> files as input. To use the build time estimator just connect to our web
 all feedback is welcome.

Joel:

Do you think I can "fool" your estimator for the SLA-500? The .r and .v
files are specific to the SLA-250 but I believe SLA-500 build files could
be coaxed into your standard input(for the short term).

I'll try this out and let you know.

--
Steve Deak			E-mail: ht-grp@cinti.net
Manager-RP Services		Voice:	(513) 579-3270