Whats new in ceramics?

From: Ian Gibson (igibson@hkucc.hku.hk)
Date: Fri Oct 25 1996 - 04:09:58 EEST

Hello all

Just recently I have had a few enquiries regarding ceramics, in particular
structural ceramics for the electronics industry.

I know that ceramics has been a hot (cool?) topic in the RP research
community for quite a while now. I am also aware of the use of ceramics to
make casting shells. Can anyone tell me whether there has been any
commercial success recently? Someone told me they heard about a process
called CerLOM for instance. Can anyone tell me more?

Also, who is working on the construction of functional ceramic components?

Regards

IG

Dr Ian Gibson
Dept. Mechanical Engg.
University of Hong Kong
Hong Kong

email: igibson@hkucc.hku.hk
tel: +852 2859 7901
fax: +852 2858 5415

'I know it's more useful, Captain Toothbrush, but you were much more
frightening when you had the hook'