Imageware RPM software

From: Doug Greenwood (greenwod@squared.com)
Date: Wed Oct 23 1996 - 18:25:05 EEST

Hello RPr's

I am evaluating Imageware's RPM software and would like to ask the group what experiences you've had (good, bad, or indifferent) with the product. We use Computervision for our CAD work and have recently installed an SLA 250/50 on site. While I've heard that CV's STL interface is less than perfect, it's never prevented us from building parts, either through service bureaus or inhouse. We've had to run the files, on occasion, thru Maestro's 'verify' utility to fix things and this seems to work ok. So, I'm less interested in RPM's STL file repair and CAD-like features as otheres might be. However, my BIG interest is in the tooling module. I've been told of some drastically reduced times for core and cavity design (hours using RPM vs days or weeks using CV). Without getting into a discussion of alternate CAD packages for tool design (not an option for us here), what other experiences have folks had out there with RPM's tool design package?

Thanks in advance.

Doug