Aging of epoxy

From: Michael Buchloh (Michael.Buchloh@bmw.de)
Date: Mon Oct 21 1996 - 16:29:55 EEST

Dear Bronson Hokuf,

with great interest I've read your information about the aging of epoxy
resins. Still there are some open questions which I would like you to answer me.
- Can you estimate the typical time frame in which you have to replace the
complete vat of resin?
- Is there any possibility to add pure stabilizer to the vat to keep the
necessary amount in it?
- Can you recycle aged material to fresh material?
- If yes, do you offer any special conditions for this material?

The reason, why I'm so interested in this topic is, that we're planning to
setup a STEREOS 600 with SOMOS 6100 and of course, this material topic is of
importance.

Another question I'd like to ask you, is about a new material. I've heard,
there exists a SOMOS 7100. Can you tell me the properties and the main use
of this material?

I'm looking forward to receiving your answer,
yours sincerely

Michael Buchloh
+ Michael Buchloh +
+ Bayerische Motoren Werke AG +