Re: RP and Electro discharge machining

From: Carl Deckard (carl.deckard@ces.clemson.edu)
Date: Mon Oct 21 1996 - 17:34:52 EEST

Some good work is being done at Texas A&M University using Selective Laser
Sintering. They have made electrodes with better performance than
conventional materials. They showed several impressive electrodes and
cavities at the SLS Users Group meeting two weeks ago. Contact:

Walter Bradley
Texas A&M University
Department of Mechanical Engineering
College Station TX 77843

Sorry, I could not find his phone # in my files.

Good luck,

Carl Deckard.

>I am currently looking at research posibilities in Rapid tooling
>
>What work is being undertaken, if any, with RP masters for use as
>electrodes,
> for electro discharge machining.
>I've come across electro plating of SLA masters any references or other work
>in this area.
>
>Phil Hackney Centre Manager
>(0191) 227 3644 FAX (0191) 227 3854
>Phil.Hackney@UNN.ac.uk

Dr. Carl Deckard
Assistant Professor of Mechanical Engineering
EIB205
Clemson University
P.O. Box 340921
Clemson South Carolina 29634-0921