(no subject)

From: Jerri L. Paul (jerrip@mail.utexas.edu)
Date: Mon Oct 21 1996 - 00:27:30 EEST

I am a graduate student at the University of Texas at Austin.
My thesis research has led me to look at some complex curved models in Pro/E
and do STL generations using various chord height and angle controls.
Interestingly, some anamolies have appeared with regard to the number of
triangles generated at varying chord heights for the same angle controls.

My professor has heard that there was a user group that had discussed this
particular problem extensively and that it was being attributed to a bug in
Pro/E. I am interested in finding the users/news group that has discussed
this problem and possibly get a cc: of the achievd files in order to gain
some insight.

Also, I am seeking any reference information in regards to accuracy or error
measurements of STL files with regards to the CAD parts.

Any assistance in these areas would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advance for your time.
My apologies if my request is off of the subject material.

Jerri L. Paul
jerrip@mail.utexas.edu