medical uses of rpml

From: Samit Patel (sjpatel@bu.edu)
Date: Thu Oct 17 1996 - 02:18:20 EEST

To everyone,
         Hello. I am a senior at Boston University's college of
engineering, majoring in biomedical eng. My senior project deals with
the fabrication of a rigid cast of the nasal and nasopharyngeal cavities
using stereolithography. I am working in conjuction with the departments
of biomedical and manufacturing engineering at BU, along with Boston
University Medical Center and Fraunhofer USA- Resource Center
Massachusetts.
        I would like to know what type of program is necessary to convert
CT (computer tomography) images to the *.stl files the SLA needs. Also
where can i get it from.
        Thanks.

Samit Patel