SL Injection Moulding Tools

From: SADEGH RAHMATI (EPXSR@epn1.maneng.nottingham.ac.uk)
Date: Tue Oct 08 1996 - 23:02:15 EEST

Hi all RP'ers,

In my PhD research, I am looking at producing SL injection moulding
tools. I am making SL tools using present epoxy and acrylic resins as
well as filled resins.

Using my last epoxy tool, 260 mouldings was produced before any sign
of failure. However, my research objective is concentrated on tool
failure mechacism. I would appreciate any comments on this issue and
as well as introducing any references in studying "injection mould
failure mechanism".

Regards.

   Sadegh Rahmati

   Centre for Rapid Prototyping in Manufacturing
   Department of Manufacturing Eng. & Operations Management
   University of Nottingham, University Park
   Nottingham, United Kingdom, NG7 2RD

   Email: EPXSR@epn1.nott.ac.uk
   Tel; +44 115 9514033 ; Fax; +44 115 9514150