axiom

From: axiom@vnet.net
Date: Mon Oct 07 1996 - 22:50:19 EEST

OCTOBER 7, 1996
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

RAPID PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT FIRM
ANNOUNCES NAME CHANGE AND
NEW CORPORATE IMAGE

Charlotte, NC—Finally, there is an industrial design firm committed to good
design and the bottom line. Actually, this firm has been around for over eight
years, and was one of the first to incorporate rapid prototyping technologies
into the design process. Now, this rapid product development firm announces a
new name, to reaffirm its long-standing commitment to good design and client
success.
                Richard Turner, president of AccentOnDESIGN, Inc., has announced
the change of the design firm's name to axiom. The name change better reflects
the company's expanding influence in the industrial design arena. The name axiom
is official October 1, 1996.
                Over the past eight years, the company has carved a niche
providing total product development services: concepts, design, prototyping, and
manufacturing consultation. Realizing the strength of this position, Turner
decided to re-engineer the company for greater visibility. "We felt we had
outgrown the original name because of our expanding capabilities, focus on
quality design, and product development expertise. Successful design contributes
to the bottom line. That is our axiom," says Turner.
                The redesign was approached like any design challenge the
company undertakes. Company goals were assessed, markets defined, and a set of
criteria established to outline the new corporate look, vision and direction.
        "We discovered," says Turner, "that our greatest strength is in
partnering with our clients to not only design products, but to assist with the
success of each project. This partnering is why we have clients coming back to
us, project after project."
        The new name, image and communication materials are all designed to
focus
on the company's commitment to clients' needs. Current clients include:
Wilson-Cook and Becton-Dickinson in the medical product design arena; Stanley
Tools and

Rubbermaid in the consumer product industry; and Datasouth and Symbol
Technologies in the data capture and electronic markets."We have a
responsibility to consider our clients fiscal concerns, delivery requirements,
and quality demands, as well as their need for innovative design," explains
Turner.
        Eight years ago, two young entrepreneur industrial designers, Turner and
his partner Erwin Hani, charged ahead in the use of rapid prototyping in product
design. Clients such as IBM, AT&T, Siemens and Little Tykes have counted on the
rapid prototyping, model-making services, and state-of-the-art equipment housed
at the Charlotte firm. "We have established ourselves as leaders in rapid
prototyping," Turner explains. "The new corporate image will reinforce our
leadership in product design and development."
        A talented staff propels concepts from the napkin-sketch to the
marketplace in only months. The latest technologies: ProEngineer 3D modeling,
FEA analysis, Alias/wavefront rendering, Stereolithography and Laminated Object
Manufacturing are in-house tools used to prove out the design before production
tooling and manufacturing.
         "Our company," says Turner, "is built on the foundations of superlative
design, pride in craftsmanship and a dedication to new technologies and creative
individuals." axiom, located at 4912 Wallace Neel Road in Charlotte, opens its
doors to those interested in rapid product development.

For more information contact Lisa Markman, Client Services,
at axiom: 704.398.0887, fax: 704.398.0178 email: axiom@vnet.net