consider the following

From: Elaine Persall (persall@ces.clemson.edu)
Date: Mon Oct 07 1996 - 15:35:55 EEST

Let:
    K = knowledge
    P = power
    M = money
    T = time
    W = work

Since:
    Knowledge is Power
    Time is Money.
    Power is Work over Time.

In terms of our definitions, we have
    K = P (1)
    T = M (2)
    P = W/T (3)

Substituting equation (3) into (1) yields:
    K = W/T (4)

Substituting equation (2) into (4) yields:
    K = W/M (5)

That is, equation (5) shows that Knowledge equals Work
over Money.

Corollary 1:
    The More You Know, the More Work You Do

Corollary 2:
    The More You Know, the Less Money You Make.

If we solve for Money in equation (5), we get:
    M = W/K (6)

That is, Money equals Work Over Knowledge.
>From equation (6) we see that Money approaches infinity as Knowledge
approaches 0, regardless of the Work done.

Corollary 3:
    The More you Make, the Less you Know.

Solving for Work in equation (6), we get
    W = M K (7)

Or, Work equals Money times Knowledge. Equation (7) shows
that Work approaches 0 as Knowledge approaches 0.

Corollary 4:
    The stupid rich do little or no work.

Working out the socioeconomic implications of this breakthrough is
left as an exercise for the reader.

Opinions, suggestions, and other controversial matter VOID where prohibited.
Elaine Persall, Director
Laboratory to Advance Industrial Prototyping
206 Fluor Daniel Bldg.
Clemson University
Clemson, SC 29643-0925
864-656-0321 (voice) 864-656-4435 (fax)