Re: Pro 17 - Any Changes

From: dan sammons (dpt@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Thu Sep 19 1996 - 07:32:57 EEST

Stahlhut, Todd A. wrote:

> There was quite a bit of discussion a while back about the ProE
> version 17 formatter not working very well. All has been quiet
> about this lately and I was wondering if there has been any further
> info. I have 17 sitting here and once I get my IRIX OS upgrade I
> will be installing it. Thanks for any new info.
>
> Regards, Todd Stahlhut

Todd,
We have been in contact with PTC regarding the difficulties in creating good STL files from ver 17. To this
point in time there has not been any official response or fix from PTC. Version 16 made very good STL files!
PTC has not stated why 17 changed.

We still try various chord values with varying angle control values numerous times before having what we
consider a good STL file. It would be great to hear some good news about a software fix for this from PTC.

Dan Sammons
Design Prototyping Technologies
8 Adler Drive
East Syracuse, New York 13957