AutoCAD Release

From: Terry T. Wohlers (73417.1465@compuserve.com)
Date: Sat Sep 14 1996 - 02:30:12 EEST

Charlie Sears wrote:

> Does anyone out there have a complete run down of Autocad? What I mean
> is something along these lines:

Release 11
STL files No
IGES files Yes
DXF files Yes
ACIS files No
what are the 3'rd party software packages that can? There "was" a company, but I
could never reach them.
what are the different releases of 11 that are available? Just one. AME? No

Release 12
STL files Yes, using the Advanced Modeling Extension (AME)
IGES files Yes
DXF files Yes
ACIS files No
AME? Yes

Release 13
STL files Yes, but the translator for some R13 versions don't work well.
IGES files Yes, but it's sold as an option.
DXF files Yes
ACIS files Yes

> Are there other versions that Autodesk sells? What are they?

Yes, AutoCAD Designer, Mechanical Desktop, and AutoCAD LT. Keep in mind that
there are now 6 versions of AutoCAD Release 13: 13, 13c1, 13c2, 13c3, 13c4, and
13c4a. And if you count the DOS versions, there's more than that.

I hope this helps you out. It's a little confusing. If you're planning to make
important business decisions based on this information, please double check it
with another source such as Autodesk.

Terry

Wohlers Associates, Inc.
OakRidge Business Park