Re: RP & Formula 1 (fwd)

From: Kai Uwe Koch (kuk@ipa.fhg.de)
Date: Wed Sep 04 1996 - 16:15:11 EEST

Hello,

here is the mail I have send to Yakov Horenstein.

There is one articel in the Rapid Prototyping Report May 1996
Title: Complex stereolithography parts used in wind tunnel to validate
design of new high-lift wing. I thinks this correspondet very good to
your question.
Contact(mentinoued in the articel):
Ed Hobart of Northrop Grumman Corporation in Pico Rivera California, USA

Onother articel in Rapid Prototyping Report June 1996 could be of
interest to you. The title is:

Porsche optimizes design of Le Mans race car
They do the following studies: Porsche wanted to see if transparent
stereolithography parts could be mounted on test-stands with actual
components and used to visualize coolant flow in the engine's cylinder
heads, crank-case, water jacket, and water pump. Libricant distribution
in the car's transmission also was a target of study.
The adress mentiouned in the articel is:

Dieter Steinhauser
Porsche AG
Research and development center
Weissach, Germany

Sorry for the incomplete adresses. But I hope it may help you.

If I should copy both articles for you, let me know.

Bye

Kai
Kai Uwe Koch E-Mail: kuk@ipa.fhg.de
                                        Internet: http://www.ipa.fhg.de/
Fraunhofer-Institut
Produktionstechnik und Automatisierung
Nobelstrasse 12
D-70569 Stuttgart Phone: +49 711 970 1856
Germany Fax: +49 711 970 1004