Colour RP

From: Ian Gibson (igibson@hkucc.hku.hk)
Date: Fri Jul 05 1996 - 08:51:49 EEST

Hello everyone.

Every now and then the topic of colour RP crops up.

I have heard talk of FDM using varying colour feeds from the 2-head system.

I have heard mention that SLS nylon and pc powders would be a useful base
for part colouration since they are white.

I have seen a part made using SLA with a colour changing resin.

By modifying most of the rp systems currently commercially available it
ought to be possible to make at least a bi-colour system (how about Kira? If
they used a colour photocopier system rather than mono).

My question is - what 'published literature' is there discussing the concept
of a colour rp system? Is there anyone working on such a system?

Regards

IG
Dr Ian Gibson
Dept. Mechanical Engg.
University of Hong Kong
Hong Kong

email: igibson@hkucc.hku.hk
tel: +852 2859 7901
fax: +852 2858 5415

A good listener is probably just thinking of something else.