Viewing 3D Objects

From: Kevan Jones (cemcom@access.digex.net)
Date: Wed Jul 17 1996 - 18:33:31 EEST

Hi,

I know there are lots of expensive viewers out there for 3D objects, but
if you are using Netscape with Live3D on your internal network and you
have access to TriSpectives, save a model as a VRML file (.wrl
extension), then you can distribute it over your network, and anyone
with the afore mentioned version of Netscape can view the model, rotate
it, zoom in on areas, etc. I took a wire frame Iges file, saved as VRML
and opened it in Netscapes' Live3D browser. It generated a solid image
which was stable to rotation etc. Trispectives seems to have trouble if
you try to view wireframe files in anything but wireframe mode
(understandable, I suppose), but Live3D rendered it beautifully as a
solid.

--
Kevan Jones
CEMCOM Corporation