This month in the Rapid Prototyping Report -- July 1996

From: circ@electriciti.com
Date: Tue Jul 16 1996 - 20:02:30 EEST

This month in the Rapid Prototyping Report -- July 1996

**Skuttle Indoor Air Quality Products uses Stratasys's fused deposition modeling (FDM) to cut 80 percent off the development
time for a new humidifier. We talk to engineers at Skuttle and at Leyshon Miller Industries about the way companies can
rethink their development paths and use rapid prototyping to get big payoffs in time and money saved.

**DTM introduces the new Sinterstation 2500. With a build chamber roughly twice the size of DTM's Sinterstation 2000, the new
machine will be able to fabricate much larger parts. DTM has also added several new features to make selective laser sintering
(SLS) faster and more efficient.

**What can you expect a rapid prototyping system to build overnight? We attend a demonstration that compares Helisys's
laminated object manufacturing (LOM), Stratasys's fused deposition modeling (FDM), 3D Systems's stereolithography (SLA), and
Sanders Prototyping's three-dimensional plotting (3DP). We point out differences in build speed, support requirements and
removal, materials, and appearance.

**Stratasys ships a new version of its QuickSlice operating system for use on Windows NT platforms.

**Legal News -- We provide details and background on patent litigation between DTM and one of its customers over the use of
nylon powder not purchased from DTM.

**Business News
      *Stratasys reports slow first-quarter sales.
      *Service bureaus Plynetics and Prototype Express announce intention to merge.
       Will large super-bureaus be the future of rapid prototyping?

**Calendar of events
       Association of Professional ModelMakers (APMM) -- "From B.C. to http"
       Time Compression Technologies '96, -- United Kingdom
       International Manufacturing Technology Show '96 (IMTS) -- Chicago

**Addendum: The Porsche GT-1 race cars we wrote about in June sweep the LeMans race.

To get more information or receive a sample issue of the Rapid Prototying Report contact:

CAD/CAM Publishing, Inc.
1010 Turquoise Street, Suite 320
San Diego, California USA 92109

Telephone: (619) 488-0533