rp-ml-digest

From: Seppo J Niemi (zaphod@bart.lpt.fi)
Date: Mon Jul 15 1996 - 17:58:43 EEST

A have received a few questions regarding the rp-ml-digest
list. It seems that it is not totally clear what the digest list is
and how it works. Here is a short description of the list, along
with instructions on how to use it.

The rp-ml-digest is simply the rp-ml in digested form. All the
messages that are sent to the rp-ml list, are put together in a digest
format and the digest is sent in a single email to the subscribers of
rp-ml-digest. The process is wholly automated, every message that
appears on rp-ml, will be on rp-ml-digest as well; nothing is censored.

Currently, the digest is only sent when it's size reaches a certain
limit. This means that if the traffic is low, it may take several days
before we reach the 'critical mass' and send the digest. But in the
future (starting this week) I'm planning to have the digest sent every
weekday thus making it easier to follow the discussion.

The digest files are available by anonymous ftp in
ftp://ltk.hut.fi/pub/rp-ml/

The digest can be subscribed to by sending mail to
"majordomo@ltk.hut.fi" with a single line saying "subscribe
rp-ml-digest". It's a good idea to unsubscribe the rp-ml if you
subscribe to the digest.

//zaphod