Re: Intermediate files

From: Don Wilde (don@partsnow.com)
Date: Thu Jul 11 1996 - 18:17:13 EEST

On Wed, 10 Jul 1996 miseren@maat.mct.anl.gov wrote:

> Hello all..
>
> I'm looking for some info on the files that are generated with each type of
> RP process.. I know that the FDM process makes a .slc file that it uses to
> make whatever it is it's making, but what do the other systems put out, and
> are the formats similar?

Hi, Peter -
        Our DSPC systems don't have a need for intermediate files. We
take STL of the positive part, invert it into a mold and add gates and
risers, then dump it into our machine. Since ours is a raster process
with (presently) 128 jets we have simple enough slicing to do that we can
slice and generate all line data on a lowly DOS 486 with 16-32MB for most
parts, and we do it on the fly. If we needed more speed, we'd actually
want to transfer the data path to PCI bus

    oooOOO O O O o * * * * * *
   o ___
   V_=_=_DW ===--- Don Wilde [ don@PartsNow.com ]
  /oo0000oo-oo--oo-ooo---ooo-ooo---ooo-ooo---ooo