different rp processes

From: Peter Sullivan (peters01@roseville.k12.mn.us)
Date: Wed Jul 03 1996 - 16:09:35 EEST

Hello-

As I am interested in rp technology, but not involved in the industry,
I mostly just read the posts to this mailing list. However I have
noticeed that SLS and SLS are the two most common comercialized
technologies discussed here. Stratasys claims to have a 30% market
share (units sold in 1995), so I would expect to have more discussion
of the FDM process. Can anyone give me some insight as to why there
seems (to a layman) to be so little FDM discussion ?

Peter Sullivan
peters01@roseville.k12.mn.us