Re: Lawsuit charges DTM Corporation

From: Yakov Horenstein (yakov@planet.it)
Date: Tue Jun 25 1996 - 16:30:15 EEST

Relating to the lawsuit between DTM and Midwest Composite Technologies,
the DTM representative here in Italy told me a while back that there is no
obligation for SLS users to use only DTM powders. He said that customers
may use any suitable powders from any sources they can find, but that this
would cause problems if the machine were still under warranty, or if there
are any maintenance contracts. He also said the machine parameters would need
re-calibration with different powders. Certainly nothing about a lawsuit.

I wonder what percentage of RP manufacturers' revenues derive from the sale of
materials.

=====
Yakov Horenstein Tel/Fax: +39 2 2900 6208
Milano, Italy E-mail: yakov@planet.it