Re: Re2: rp-ml

From: miseren@maat.mct.anl.gov
Date: Mon Jun 24 1996 - 20:35:00 EEST

> BAU wrote:
>
> > I suggest:
> > 1.) To let EVERYBODY write his/her e-mail address below their message, as
> > you did.
> > 2.) To convert rp-ml into a Usenet newsgroup. (PC-based newsreaders are
> > now easily available; there is Newsagent from Forte, or you can use
> > Netscape news).
> > 3.) To distribute a daily digest via e-mail
> > 4.) To find mechanisms that will make it possible to use the full
> > functionality of the new rp-ml newsgroup via e-mail, so people with no
> > other Internet access than e-mail could participate like in the old days.
>

> I'd prefer 3 - it would be just like the Alfa Romeo digest I subscribe
> to! It would also reduce the now vast numbers of mail.
>
> Andrew
> --

I would think that #2 would be the way to go because then we could pick and
choose what is pertinent to us and then send personal replies along email
lines to find more information.. and this way, it can be more of a store of
everything that has happened/posted on rp-ml. It ends up becoming a database
of sorts. But I also understand that some servers don't carry all the newsgroups
so this may cause more problems than solving. (This looks like the start of
another thread: What to do about RP-ML?)

If I posted in error, flame away.. *puts on fire-retardant suit*

Peter Miserendino
Research Engineer
Argonne National Laboratory
miseren@viking.mct.anl.gov