Re: rp-ml

From: REML@aol.com
Date: Sat Jun 22 1996 - 07:52:15 EEST

> Subj: rp-ml
> Date: 96-06-20 22:18:19 EDT
> From: igibson@hkucc.hku.hk (Ian Gibson)
> Sender: owner-rp-ml@bart.lpt.fi
> To: rp-ml@bart.lpt.fi
>
> Hi all
>
> I dont know about you but I see both a plus and a minus concerning the
fact
> that all mailings are now from rp-ml@ltk.hut.fi rather than the sender.

Mail programs can be set up differently. My mail (AOL-definitely NOT the
greatest) gives me the above "short" header, with a full nasty detail header
at the bottom of the message. A reply does go to rp-ml, but the short header
clearly indicates the author. I believe some mail packages, such as Eudora or
Pegasus, can be set up to deal with these factors in a variety of ways.

What is a matter of the list server, and what I have on my wish list, is for
the day's activity on rp-ml to be delivered as a single chunk in a digest
form. This would simplify my mail-browsing considerably.

Rob Lloyd
reml@aol.com