RE: Zephyr Recoater on SLA

From: Dan Sammons (dpt@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Fri Jun 21 1996 - 04:02:48 EEST

You wrote:

>Kamesh Tata wrote:
>
>>Wait, the story is not complete yet. We had four to five crashes in the
>past ten days on these machines. None of the crashes was trapped volume
>related. Nothing appeared to be wrong with the build files.
Mysteriously,
>the same files ran fine the second time. We have Buildstation software 1.8
>on both the machines. Could it be due to lack of repeatability?
>>
>>Kamesh
>>
>Kamesh:
>
>I had "phantom" blade crashes on my SLA-500/30 (no zephyr) until 3D
replaced
>the e-prom chip with a later version. Like yourself, I had blade crash
>errors without any "physical" reason. I would retry the part and get good
>builds. The problem got progressively worse until I figured it was a
>machine problem and not a setup problem. I'm currently running 1.7.4.2
>buildstation software.
>
>Can't wait for our zephyr upgrade, it seems to address most of our greatest
>build challenges (we'll see).
>
>Steve Deak
>Hasbro Toy Group
>Cincinnati, Ohio USA
>Steve Deak
>Hasbro Toy Group
>Cincinnati, OH USA
>513-579-3270
>513-579-3250 (fax)

Steve / Kamesh,
We have received our zephyr upgrade for our SLA500 and have been told by
3DSystems field service to delay the installation until "bug fixes" are
implemented into the software. To date, the details as to what the exact
problems are have not been explained to us but we have the upgrade sitting
on our receiving dock ... waiting.

Have you heard any details that might correlate your crashes to software
bugs? Thanks.

Dan Sammons
Design Prototyping Technologies
315-434-1869 voice