Comparison of CT data to CAD

From: Sarvajit S Sinha (sss@iware.com)
Date: Thu Jun 20 1996 - 16:48:34 EEST

At 04:37 PM 6/19/96 CDT, wleklin@maat.mct.anl.gov wrote:
>Hello,
>
> I am a student researcher at Argonne National Laboratory doing reverse
>engineering. We are interested in dimensionally comparing x-ray CT image files
>of a rapid prototype to original CAD files. I'm interested in knowing about any
>applications in which image slices or 3-D point clouds and CAD slices or 3-D
>drawings may be viewed and analyzed together.
>

>Regards,
>
>Joe

A number of our customers are doing just that. Creates some amazing results
when one can find flaws "inside" a part.

The first part of the process (CT Image to 3D point data) can be performed
in any number of PD s/w. Once the original images have been processed and
converted into 3D X,Y,Z locations, Imageware's software can perform a full
comparison between the point data and CAD surfaces. The slice comparison is
just a subset of this.

For further information, please contact me directly.

Sarvajit
Sarvajit Sinha sss@iware.com (313) 994-7300(ph)
Imageware Inc, http://www.iware.com/~sss (313) 994-7303(fax)
313 N. First St, Ann Arbor, MI 48103