Re: Expansion of LOM parts

From: Steve_Farentinos (sfarenti@chaph.usc.edu)
Date: Tue Jun 18 1996 - 22:00:17 EEST

J. Michael New wrote:

> How do you scale your parts? I would guess you would have one scaling
> factor for the build direction and one for perpendicular to it.
>
> And is the expansion uniform accross feature sizes and wall thicknesses?
> How do you calculate your scaling factors?

Mike,

Actually, we have three scale factors, one for each of X, Y, Z. In the X and Y directions,
there is a scaling for part growth combined with another for machine calibration (performed
at the beginning of every build).

the expansion is not uniform across different features. We have a good idea of what the
scaling should be for a given part, but in the end, it's our experienced LOM operator who
makes the final call.

Steve

--
Steve Farentinos