RE: Cast Tooling

From: Don Wilde (don@partsnow.com)
Date: Mon Jun 03 1996 - 18:15:43 EEST

On Fri, 31 May 1996, Kamesh Tata wrote:
> Don,
> Is the software
> commercially available? Could you give us more info. on how it works Also,
> do you have any data/literature on the effect of part geometry/mass on
> shrinkage? Thank you.
>
> Kamesh

Sorry, it was written by one of our brilliant programmers that 3D didn't
value highly enough. It's entwined with our machine program which does all
stl conversion and slicing on the fly. I'm not mettalurgically technical
enough to be able to tell you the why's of metal shrinkage, because it is
a huge subject. My best advice is to contact the American Foundrymans'
Society.

    oooOOO O O O o * * * * * *
   o ___
   V_=_=_DW ===--- Don Wilde [ don@PartsNow.com ]
  /oo0000oo-oo--oo-ooo---ooo-ooo---ooo-ooo---ooo