Re: CAD Bodies

From: Justin R Kidder (jkidder@spock.ecs.umass.edu)
Date: Fri May 17 1996 - 00:04:53 EEST

Andrew Halket wrote:

> Kurt Skifstad wrote:
>
> > ...is designed to digitize a human body, from head to toe, in less than 30 seconds. Our customers have imported this data directly into our
> Surfacer..
>
> Is there any useful output from that rather grissly experiment slicing up
> executed criminals into slices.
>
> Andrew

Actually, yes, there are lots of useful projects, both ongoing and completed.
See http://www.nlm.nih.gov/research/visible/visible_human.html for more
details. We are using the data as test data for our research in RP of
prosthetics. But I must tell, you, the data was never digitized, it was
just CT scanned, MR imaged and photographed....

Justin

--
jkidder@spock.ecs.umass.edu
Automation and Robotics Laboratory