re:RapidTool

From: David Knutsen (mustang@tc.fluke.com)
Date: Mon May 13 1996 - 17:57:13 EEST

>Your posting to RP-ML has however
>prompted me to enquire as to your experiences with RapidTool. Have you
>found it to be everything that DTM claim it to be ?

>Best regards,

>Greg.

Greg,
  I picked up on your question about RapidTool. We have done one core and
cavity set. The results were UNDERWHELMING. These parts were probably too
complex for the current capabilities of RapidTool, but typical of the kind of parts we make. Inconsistent shrinkage in the X-Y dimensions and to a
degree that made the parts unusable. Also, the features lacked the
crispness of details that we seek even for prototypes. We will continue to monitor the state of the "art" and perhaps try again in another year or so.
HTH
Dave Knutsen
Sr. Modelmaker
Fluke Corp.