Looking for Postdoctoral Research Position

From: Wang Wanlong (mpewwl@leonis.nus.sg)
Date: Wed Mar 20 1996 - 04:31:43 EET

Dear Sirs:

I have a friend want to looking for RP postdoctoral research position
or job in your University or company. He will graduate in Sep. 1996 from
Tsinghua University in China. He is a very distiguished PhD candidate
over
there. Can you have a chance to employ him? If not, would you please help
to pass his resume to the related persons ? Thanks!

If you have interests with him and want to know further, please let me know!
Best regs,
Wang Wanlong

Postdoctoral Fellow
Dept. of Mech. & Prod. Engg.
National University of Singapore
Singapore 119260

                                                 Wei Feng
                                                 Bldg. No. 20 Room 209
                                                 Dept. of Mechanical Engineering
                                                 Tsinghua University
                                                 Beijing(100084), P.R.China
                                                 Mar. 14, 1996

Dear Sirs:

   Greeting from China!
   I am a doctor candidate in Department of Mechanical Engineering in Tsinghua
University (Beijing) and will graduate this Sept. I am interested in pursuing
a post Ph.D. in your Department. for the Fall of 1996.
   As the enclosed resume indicates, I completed my undergraduate study at
Tsinghua University in July 1992 and received two bachelors(Mechanical Engineering
and Computer Science & Technology). After graduation, I was admitted to advance
my study directly for a Ph.D. at the Center of Laser Rapid Forming in Department
of Mechanical Engineering, Tsinghua University.
   Because I have two B.E., mechanics and computer technology, I was appointed
to take the responsibility for the overall design and the development of control
system of M220, a multi-functional RP experimental machine. I was the main designer
of the software system which include STL verifying and repairing, slicing, real
time control, and etc. It took our group only one year to develop the M-220
machine successfully. A new Rapid Forming technology, SSM(Solid Slicing Manufacturing),
was also developed and gained the appraisal of the world advanced level from
the China Education Committee in July,1994, I was also the main designer of
the software and the control system.
   For the strong background of mechanics, computer, and RP technology, I chose
the research of another Multi-functional RPMS to do my doctor thesis. I am
also responsible for the software systems' design of two another RP machines
(FDM and LOM) now.
   I really want to continue my study in RP area or other manufacturing engineering
areas abroad. Today, Rapid Prototyping(RP) technology has advanced to the point
where it's viewed by many as a strategic tool, and the technology is expanding
rapidly into uncharted territories, with almost limitless potential. With wide
applications of computers, CAD, Simulation and Virtual Reality supply strong
tools for designers and manufacturers, a designer can see very conveniently
if his design fits for manufacturing demands and constraints. By way of Virtual
Assembly, Concurrent Engineering, in which designs and manufacturing are viewed
as an integrated area, has made a rapid progress recently. As a result, many
new thoughts and techniques have come into being. Depending on a common product
database, both engineers can share their information and work much more closely
and efficiently. CIM, which using information technology, has been employed
by many enterprises to improve their strategic competitive ability and remain
competitive in a changing world economy. Advanced manufacturing technologies
have been playing an increasingly important role in industrial engineering.
   I have done my best to face these changes and developments. Beside working
hard at my study, I also take part in many research work: design of NC punch's
software and hardware, inject molds CAD software packages, development of RP
technologies and design of RP machines, etc. I also learned many theories and
technologies related to industrial engineering: THEORY OF AUTOMATIC CONTROL,
TECHNOLOGICAL ECONOMICS, MECHANICS OF MATERIALS, NUMERICAL ANALYSIS, PRINCIPLE
AND APPLICATIONS OF MICROCOMPUTER., MANAGEMENT INFORMATION SYSTEMS, COMPUTER
SIMULATION, QUALITY CONTROL and CIM:THEORY AND PRACTICE. All these give me a
very profound understanding and support a solid foundation for deeper probe.
   I really want to continue my research on some aspects followed: 1) The
integration of Reverse Engineering, Solidification Modeling and RP for the
production of net-shape cast tooling. 2) Using Virtual Reality in RP to assist
the generation of support structure. 3) Based on the STL file format, establishing
a common standard of data transformation. 4) Developing a Multi-functional RP&M
System which can achieve LOM, FDM, SLA, SLS and some other RP technologies in
only one system. 5) The application of RP technologies, such as in Recuperation
Engineering and molds making, or using RP technologies to investigate ceramics,
photopolymers, or other composite materials. 7) Technology for the direct
production of metallic and polymer parts. 8) CAD/CAM/CAPP integration system.
9) Concurrent Engineering and Computer Integrated Manufacturing System.
10) Other advanced technologies in manufacturing engineering area. Since you
have rich experiences and high reputation in this field, your University has
better research conditions, I will really appreciate any chance to learn from
you. I deeply believe that I can really learn many advanced technologies from
you. Of course, while assiduously pursuing for a post Ph.D. and displaying
fully my originality and potentiality, I hope to do some good to your department.
If you are interested in my research, please give me a reply at your earliest
convenience.
   Thanks for your consideration.

                                                           Sincerely yours,
                                                           Wei Feng

                                     RESUME

OBJECTIVE:

To do academic research work in institute or university on post Ph.D.

EDUCATION:

Sept, 1987--July, 1992 Undergraduate for two Bachelors of Engineering:
                          Dept. of Mechanical Engineering,
                          Dept. of Computer Science and Technology,
                          Tsinghua University, Beijing, China.
Sept, 1992 - Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Postgraduate
                          direct for Ph.D. since 1992, majoring in Rapid
                          Prototyping theory,technology equipment and
                          software,Tsinghua University, Beijing, China.

RESEARCH EXPERIENCE: (See BRIEF INTRODUCTION OF RESEARCH enclosed)

1) Research on design of Multi-functional RP&M System, mainly on NC system and
software system. (Thesis applying for Ph.D.)
2) Overall design of M-220 multi-functional experimental machine and development
of Its control system, data treatment and control system software. (Thesis
applying for M.E.)
3) Research on RP technology of LOM(SSM), SLA, SLS and FDM.
4) Injection mold CAD. (Thesis applying for B.E.)
5) NC system design(hardware and software) of NC punch.(Assistant work)
   ==Summer Vacation==
1) Developed some software for Huajiao Co., using AutoCAD Development System
(ADS) and C language.(Summer Vacation in 1993,1994)
2) Developed a 9p printer Chinese characters print software for TianLi Co.(1993).
3) Developed a family property management software system for Stone Co.(1994).

HONORS:

1)"Excellent Student Scholarship", Nov. 1988, Tsinghua University. (For top 10% in my Dept.)
2)"Excellent Student Scholarship", Nov. 1989, Tsinghua University. (For top 10% in my Dept.)
3)"Guanghua Scholarship", Oct. 1990, Tsinghua University. (For top 5% in my Dept.)
4)"Jiang Nanxiang Scholarship", Oct. 1991, Tsinghua University. (For top 5% in my Dept.)
5)"Excellent Graduate Student of 1992", Tsinghua University, July 7,1992.
(For top 5% in all 2300 Graduate students)
6)Recommended to study direct for Ph.D. in Tsinghua University, waived of the
admission test, which is a policy to endow the most distinguished students.
7)"Guanghua Scholarship", Oct. 1993, Tsinghua University. (For top 10% in my Dept.)
8)"Social Practice Scholarship", Oct. 1993, Tsinghua University. (For top 5% in my Dept.)
9)"Guanghua Scholarship", Oct. 1994, Tsinghua University. (For top 10% in my Dept.)

FOREIGN LANGUAGE:

English Listening and reading : Excellent, Speaking and writing: fair.
Japanese Speaking and reading: fair, Listening and writing: a little.

STRONG POINTS:

RP Technology------Rapid Prototyping and Manufacturing Technology,
                            LOM, SLA, FDM, SLS, 3DP, etc. Equipment R&D.
                            Especially in Software and Technology.
Mechanical Engineering------Forging Technique, Finite Element simulation,
                            Thermomechanical Processing.
                            Software and Hardware R&D of Control System in
                            Mechanical Eng. CAD/CAM/CAPP.
Industrial Engineering-----CIMS.
                            Decision and Quality Control System.
Computer Technology-------Excellent in C, C++, FORTRAN, Pascal Language.
                           Windows 3.1, Win32, Win'95 API and Programming.
                           AutoCAD, Pro/E, Application.
                           Computer Graphics, Programming
                           Novel Network, Application.
                           DOS and UNIX Operation System.

PUBLICATION:

1) Pan Weiguo, Wei Feng , "The Forming Mechanism and Limit of Pressings with
Curved Surfaces"
2) Wei Feng, Wanlong Wang, "The Method of Data Treatment and Transformation
in Rapid Prototype Manufacturing", China Mechanical Engineering, 1996,1
3) Wei Feng, "CAD/CAM Integration Technologies in Laser Rapid Forming System",
Proceedings of 5th Sino-Polish Conference on CAD in Machinery, June 18-20,1994.
4) Wei Feng, "The Software System Design on Multi-function Rapid Prototype
manufacturing System", Proceedings of 1st China Symposium on RP&M Technology,
Nov. 21-24,1995.
5) Wei Feng, "The Test and Analysis of Slicing Solid Manufacturing Processing
Accuracy", Proceedings of 1st China Symposium on RP&M Technology, Nov. 21-24,
1995.
6) Haibin Guo, Wei Feng, "Design and Analysis of Optical System Used in M-220
Testing Machine Based on SSM Technology", Proceedings of 1st China Symposium
on RP&M Technology, Nov. 21-24,1995.

SPORTS:

5000-m, the second, Tsinghua University Graduate Game, 1994.
        5000-m, the third, Tsinghua University Graduate Game, 1995.
Good at long-distance running, swimming, basketball, soccer.

PERSONAL:

      Birth: 10/18/69, Xingjiang, P.R.China
      Sex: Male
      Health: Excellent