The services debate

From: Zedand00@aol.com
Date: Fri Mar 08 1996 - 05:40:16 EET

Dear RP'ers

Curious how this little thing has grown to such proportions.

I'm aware that there is a line somewhere in the sand about pure research and
the like. On the other hand, I think it is important that we realize this
technology doesn't exist in a vacuum. We are part of a community and like any
ecosystem it needs us all, researchers, theorists, practioners, consumers,
bureaus, etc..,. for the tech to grow and survive.

At this halcyon state, I'm for anything that makes this technology available
widely. I'm not offended by Kelly Hand's offer of services. In fact, I've
worked with him, and he's a great person to do business with.

Best,

Michael Rees
Sculptor