Re: Multi-Jet Modeling from 3D

From: Greg Redden (gr@adl.dmt.csiro.au)
Date: Thu Feb 29 1996 - 08:10:42 EET

>During AUTOFACT '95 in Nov (Chicago), 3D Systems introduced their new solid
object printing
>technology called Multi-Jet Modeling .
>
>Can anyone tell me more about this product in terms of
>1. price
>2. material used
>3. cycle time
>4. wet or dry process?
>5. file input format
>6. limitations
>
>Thank-you in advance.
>
>Lew Kok Fah
>Temasek Polytechnic, Singapore
>kokfah@tp.ac.sg

If you have WWW access, most of what is commonly known about the 3D Systems
MJM process is described at the 3D Systems WWW site http://www.3d.com. If
you contact 3D they might also send a brochure on the system to you.

I think that there are lots of things about the MJM system that many of us
still don't know. All I can say at this time is that the model that I have
seen is very impressive for a "desktop" modelling system. Fine detailed
features would seem to be no problem with edge definition (sharpness of
square corners) being excellent.

I recall that the price is somewhere around the $60,000USD or $70,000USD mark.

Greg.

Greg Redden - CSIRO Division _--_|\ gr@adl.dmt.csiro.au
of Manufacturing Technology / \ http://www.csiro.au/
PO Box 4, WOODVILLE 5011 \_.--*_/ tel +61 8 303 9152
SOUTH AUSTRALIA v fax +61 8 303 9222